I, me and my fat, Part 4
We can control the quantity and quality of our carbohydrates we eat!!
A born predisposition to get fat, is beyond our control, but this predisposition is set off by the quantity and quality of the carbohydrates we eat. If the carbohydrates we eat, determines insulin secretion and insulin drives the accumulation of fat, eating fewer carbohydrates will surely help to keep us leaner.
Obesity would be a rare disease in a world without a carbohydrate-rich diet!.
Not all the foods that contain carbohydrates, are equally fattening.
The most fattening carbohydrates are the ones with a high glycemic index – that have the greatest effect on our blood sugar and insulin levels.
I, me and my fat, Part 8 and my fat, Part 3
IMPORTANT FACTORS in why some of us get fat and others don’t:
If insulin makes us fat, why does it make only some of us fat?.
- Genetic predisposition to being fat: insulin partitions a disproportionate amount of the calories into storage as fat, rather than use for energy by the muscles; as you get fatter , you have less energy for physical activity and become more sedentary. Genetic predisposition to being lean: a disproportionate amount of the calories are burned as fuel, with little stored, you have plenty of energy for physical activity and you’ll eat in moderation e.g. the skinny marathoners.
- Insulin resistance or your cells degree of sensitivity to insulin, plays an important role in why you get fat. If cells become resistant to insulin, more insulin is required to keep blood sugar levels under control. Now your pancreas secrete more insulin, which causes more insulin resistance…a vicious cycle!. In the meantime, the insulin works to make you fatter by storing calories as fat.
- Cell respond differently to insulin is also an important factor. Fat cells, muscle cells and liver cells don’t all become insulin resistant at the same time, to the same extent or in the same way e.g. if your muscle cells are insulin sensitive, (compared to the fat cells), then the muscle tissue will store more glucose as glycogen and burn more fuel, making you lean and physically active. If your muscle cells are insensitive to insulin (insulin resistant), compared with your fat cells, then your fat tissue will receive a disproportionate share of the glucose you consume, making you fat and sedentary. The cell response to insulin, also differs from person to person and also change with time, in the same person. As you get older, your muscle cells (not really the fat cells) become more insulin resistant. With age more calories are diverted into fat and when people reach their middle age, they find it very hard to remain lean. Due to these elevated insulin levels/insulin resistance (cause), metabolic disturbances follow (effect) : higher blood pressure, higher triglyceride levels, LDL goes up, HDL goes down etc.
I, me and my fat, Part 2
A person doesn’t get fat, because they overeat, they overeat because they are getting fat.
Both gluttony and sloth are effects of the drive to get fatter. They are caused by a defect in the regulation of the person’s fat tissue. Like the estrogen in rats, the estrogen in women, influences an enzyme, called lipoprotein lipase (LPL). If LPL is attached to a fat cell, it will pull fat from the bloodstream into the fat cell. That person will get fatter. If the LPL is attached to a muscle cell, it pulls the fat into the muscle cell and the muscle cell burns it for fuel.
When estrogen levels are high, LPL activity is inhibited and less fat are accumulated in the fat cells; when estrogen levels are low, the LPL activity is upregulated and more fat is pulled from the circulation into the fat cell. By removing the ovaries, there is no estrogen and the woman gets more fat than normal, because her fat cells have more LPL doing the job. The woman now has a voracious appetite, because she is losing calories into her fat cells that are needed elsewhere to run her body. The more calories she is losing to the fat cells, the more she eats to compensate. Now a meal that would previously have satisfied her, no longer does. And because she is getting fatter and heavier, her caloric requirement increases even further. If she can’t satisfy her newfound hunger, she expends less energy….A vicious circle of fat accumulation!!.
Estrogen inhibit the activity of LPL on fat cells.
People get fat because of the way their fat is regulated and consequently causes gluttony ( the over- eating behavior) and physical inactivity (sloth).
Gluttony and sloth are the EFFECT and NOT the REASON of getting fat!!.
I, me and my fat, Part 1
We are in the midst of an obesity epidemic!. Just over 50 years ago one in every nine Americans were obese; today it is one in every three; two in every three are now overweight!. Adolescents and children are fatter, even babies are born fatter!. Obesity and especially type 2 diabetes, are closely linked. Many obese people become diabetic. In fact, obesity and overweight are associated with every chronic disease like cancer, diabetes, heart disease, stroke, dementia and asthma.
The fault lies with the medical authorities in the mid-1990’s, who believe that excess fat is caused by consuming excess calories, the so called calories-in/calories-out theory of adiposity. They blamed it on overeating and/or sedentary behavior. We are either gluttons or slothful!.If this was true, then why can’t we solve the problem of overweight and obesity by eating less and moving more?. Instead of blaming it on weakness of character, we should be looking at human biology. In his book, “Why we get fat”, Gary Taubes stated that obesity is not a disorder of energy balance (eating too much), but much more a disorder of EXCESS FAT ACCUMULATION.
“We are what we eat , AND can digest and absorb….”
Enzymes digest and break down large food particles into smaller units (protein → amino acids; carbohydrates → simple sugars; fat → fatty acids + glycerol); The pancreas, stomach, intestinal wall and liver, produce 1-2 liters of digestive juices. For the body to make enzymes, it needs nutrients. If you become nutrient-deficient, enzyme deficiency soon follows e.g. zinc is needed to make stomach acid and proteases (protein splitting enzymes) -a zinc-deficient person stops breaking down protein efficiently. Large food molecules end up where they should not be – in the small intestines. If the intestinal wall is not intact, undigested food particles get inside the body where they are seen as invaders and attacked – the basis of most food allergies!. Every time an allergic food is eaten, it causes inflammation. This reaction disturbs the normal balance of beneficial bacteria in the gut. Digestive enzyme deficiency, which triggers a food allergy, is the cause for: indigestion, bloating, flatulence, digestive pain, colitis, irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn’s disease and candidiasis.
WATER IS LIFE!
Our bodies are 70% water and is needed for every function in the body e.g. our blood and cells are 90%; our liver 86%; our brain 85%; our kidneys 83%; our muscles 75%!! .
75% of people are chronically dehydrated; and dehydration can cause disease!!. Therefore the quality of water is of the utmost importance!!. Most water is acidic (also bottled and mineral waters), much of it is dead, with no minerals (e.g. distilled water), tap water is full of poisons (chlorine , fluoride and toxic metals), it doesn’t hydrate our cells and contains oxidants , instead of antioxidants. By the way, all the bottled water in plastic containers, have been bottled 1-3 years prior to your purchase! Read more
FOODS TO AVOID:
- Stop eating SUGAR – no artificial sugar or sweeteners – they cause cancer; no products with high fructose corn syrup – not even honey. Only use Stevia or Lo Han Guo (a Chinese plant). Sugar quickly disables the human immune system for up to 4 hours!!. Sugar is addictive and feeds the cancer!.
- No CHOCOLATE – except XOCAI – a healthy chocolate!!!. The dark cacoa is high in anti-oxidants and flavonoids, it is gluten-free, lactose-free, caffeine-free, vegetarian and is used by diabetics.
- NO FRUITS (EXCEPT lemons, limes, avocados and a few organic blueberries, raspberries). Other fruits will feed your cancer.
NOTE: This article is not written only for cancer patient, but for any person who wants to live a healthy, vibrant energetic , cancer-free –life!!
Robert G. Wright’s book “Killing Cancer, not People”, is one of the most informative, practical and encouraging books I have read on PREVENTING, TREATING and HEALING cancer the natural way. He stresses that every patient has a right to choose their own treatment and it is every cancer patient’ responsibility to educate themselves on effective treatments and seek the TRUTH about what will heal them – not what is convenient!!. It is up to you to take control of your own health – your own life is at stake, not your doctor’s!!.
Nutritional yeast is a vitamin B booster.
All the vitamin B’s (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9 and B12) play a key role in converting foods into energy, it promotes healthy skin and hair, maintain proper brain function, impact sleep patterns and fat burning. Stress, an unhealthy diet and medication deplete B vitamins rapidly, therefore it needs to be replaced every day.
Nutritional yeast is an excellent source of especially vitamin B12 (Cobalamin), which is found exclusively in animal products.
Vitamin B12 is often lacking in vegetarian diets!!
Pure Castor oil is God’s healing gift from the earth!
It was known to the Greeks and Romans as “Palma Christi” or “Hand of Christ”, because of it’s powerful healing properties. 90% of it’s fatty acids are made up of ricinoleic acid. This unique unsaturated fatty acid is responsible for it’s incredible healing capabilities.
NOTE: The castor oil must be cold pressed (not solvent extracted), 100% pure, with no artificial ingredients (e.g. NewLife Pure Castor oil).