To get immediate relief of sinusitis, treat the symptoms in the following ways:
- Stay hydrated – drink 8 – 10 cups of WATER and hot herbal teas, to thin and drain the mucus from the infected sinuses. AVOID alcohol, caffeine, sugary drinks and smoking, which will dehydrate your system and cause mucus to thicken and clog your inflamed airways.
- Dissolve excess mucus – Mix 1 tablespoon of raw, unfiltered APPLE CIDER VINEGAR and 1 teaspoon lemon juice with ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper in a glass of water and drink it first thing in the morning and last thing in the evening (add a ¼ teaspoon of Stevia as a sweetener).
- Steam inhalation – drape a towel over your head, put your face down over a bowl/pot of steaming hot water, infused with 7 drops of PEPPERMINT/EUCALYPTUS OIL and inhale the steam. It will break up the thick mucus.
- Salt water rinse – available as a nasal spray.
- Grapefruit Seed Extract – available as a nasal spray. It clears out the mucus and is a natural antibiotic.
- Turmeric/Ginger Root – brew it as a HOT TEA. It will loosen the mucus and alleviate sinus pressure. Also, turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant and ginger is good for upset stomachs.
WATER IS LIFE!
Our bodies are 70% water and is needed for every function in the body e.g. our blood and cells are 90%; our liver 86%; our brain 85%; our kidneys 83%; our muscles 75%!! .
75% of people are chronically dehydrated; and dehydration can cause disease!!. Therefore the quality of water is of the utmost importance!!. Most water is acidic (also bottled and mineral waters), much of it is dead, with no minerals (e.g. distilled water), tap water is full of poisons (chlorine , fluoride and toxic metals), it doesn’t hydrate our cells and contains oxidants , instead of antioxidants. By the way, all the bottled water in plastic containers, have been bottled 1-3 years prior to your purchase! Read more