To get immediate relief of sinusitis, treat the symptoms in the following ways:
- Stay hydrated – drink 8 – 10 cups of WATER and hot herbal teas, to thin and drain the mucus from the infected sinuses. AVOID alcohol, caffeine, sugary drinks and smoking, which will dehydrate your system and cause mucus to thicken and clog your inflamed airways.
- Dissolve excess mucus – Mix 1 tablespoon of raw, unfiltered APPLE CIDER VINEGAR and 1 teaspoon lemon juice with ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper in a glass of water and drink it first thing in the morning and last thing in the evening (add a ¼ teaspoon of Stevia as a sweetener).
- Steam inhalation – drape a towel over your head, put your face down over a bowl/pot of steaming hot water, infused with 7 drops of PEPPERMINT/EUCALYPTUS OIL and inhale the steam. It will break up the thick mucus.
- Salt water rinse – available as a nasal spray.
- Grapefruit Seed Extract – available as a nasal spray. It clears out the mucus and is a natural antibiotic.
- Turmeric/Ginger Root – brew it as a HOT TEA. It will loosen the mucus and alleviate sinus pressure. Also, turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant and ginger is good for upset stomachs.