Natural remedies for sinusitis
To get immediate relief of sinusitis, treat the symptoms in the following ways:
- Stay hydrated – drink 8 – 10 cups of WATER and hot herbal teas, to thin and drain the mucus from the infected sinuses. AVOID alcohol, caffeine, sugary drinks and smoking, which will dehydrate your system and cause mucus to thicken and clog your inflamed airways.
- Dissolve excess mucus – Mix 1 tablespoon of raw, unfiltered APPLE CIDER VINEGAR and 1 teaspoon lemon juice with ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper in a glass of water and drink it first thing in the morning and last thing in the evening (add a ¼ teaspoon of Stevia as a sweetener).
- Steam inhalation – drape a towel over your head, put your face down over a bowl/pot of steaming hot water, infused with 7 drops of PEPPERMINT/EUCALYPTUS OIL and inhale the steam. It will break up the thick mucus.
- Salt water rinse – available as a nasal spray.
- Grapefruit Seed Extract – available as a nasal spray. It clears out the mucus and is a natural antibiotic.
- Turmeric/Ginger Root – brew it as a HOT TEA. It will loosen the mucus and alleviate sinus pressure. Also, turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant and ginger is good for upset stomachs.
Boost your immune system, with:
- Vitamin C (with Acerola)– 1000 mg twice a day
- Fermented Cod Liver Oil – Take 1-2 Tablespoon/day. It is rich in Vitamins A & D, omega 3 fatty acids. It will clarify skin conditions, balance mood and hormones and remedy auto-immune disorders.
- Oregano oil – add 5- 6 drops of Oregano oil to your lemon tea. It’s anti-inflammatory action relieves nose and airway congestion, and helps relieve headaches due to sinus congestion. It reduces the body’s response to allergens, like pollen and mold. It is a natural anti-biotic, anti-viral and anti-fungal remedy. It is also a great remedy to relieve stomach upsets.
Eliminate possible causes:
- Indoor airborne allergens – get an air purifier for the room (s), where you spend the most time. It will clear the air of animal dander, dust , mold and pollen. Put your pillows and mattress in the sun at least once a month.
- Outdoor airborne allergens – Pollen, smog and car exhaust are some outdoor culprits. Wear a mask!. Drive with your windows up and set your car ventilation system on circulate.
- Dietary irritants – try and eliminate gluten, dairy and sugar from your diet, if you experience frequent sinus problems.
Goodbye stuffy nose !!