Nutritional yeast is a vitamin B booster.
All the vitamin B’s (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9 and B12) play a key role in converting foods into energy, it promotes healthy skin and hair, maintain proper brain function, impact sleep patterns and fat burning. Stress, an unhealthy diet and medication deplete B vitamins rapidly, therefore it needs to be replaced every day.
Nutritional yeast is an excellent source of especially vitamin B12 (Cobalamin), which is found exclusively in animal products.
Vitamin B12 is often lacking in vegetarian diets!!
Vitamin B12 deficiency increase the risk anemia, nervous system damage and heart disease. Therefore, yeast is a very important source of vitamin B12 for vegetarians!!!.
Nutritional yeast is a complete protein.
- It contains 18 amino acids, including the 9 essential ones, that can’t be produced by our body.
- It has more protein than meat!!
- It is also more bio- available than meat. Therefore it would be a valuable source of protein for vegetarians.
Other health benefits:
- Reduce cholesterol (contains glutathione, glucan and mannan)
- Enhance the immune system
- Assists with regulation of blood sugar (contains a glucose tolerance factor)
- Also contains fiber, zinc, magnesium and selenium.
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup yoghurt
- ¼ t sea salt (NewLife K-salt, is excellent)
- 1 t raw honey
- 1 T nutritional yeast
Combine and put in a canning jar and leave in the fridge overnight. Top up with berries/ any fruit the next morning
- 50 ml distilled water
- 1 T Moringa Leaf powder (New Life Super Green Food Plus)
- 1 t raw honey
- 1 t chia seeds
- 1 medium banana sliced
Dissolve the green powder in water. Mix with yoghurt and chia seeds. Top with banana slices and honey.
TOFU NUGGETS: (serves 3-4)
- 1 block of extra firm tofu
- ¼ cup Yeast
- 1 T mustard
- 2 T Extra Virgin coconut oil
- ½ t sea salt
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup water
- ¼ t pepper
- Remove excess juice from the tofu with a paper towel and cut into slices.
- Blend all the ingredients together in a bowl (except for the tofu).
- Cover every corner of the tofu with the mixture.
- In a saucepan, heat 3 T of coconut oil over medium – high heat.
- Add the tofu pieces to the pan and fry till crispy brown.
- 4 T Yeast
- 1 t Spirulina powder
- ¼ t sea salt
- 1/8 t chilli powder
Mix together and sprinkle over steamed vegetables, pasta, scramble eggs, salads.